We are hiring - Visitor Welcome Assistant
< Back to all careers
- Job Title: Visitor Welcome Assistant
- Reporting to: Business Development Manager
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Contract: Full time fixed term - 31st October 2021
We are looking for an energetic, responsible, and organised individual to join our Visitor Experience team as a Visitor Welcome Assistant. This role will work within the Visitor Welcome team, contributing to delivering a fun but professional environment, resulting in an efficient day-to-day operation within the welcome department.
You will be responsible for welcoming visitors to the Park, checking them in through our online booking system, selling admission passes and actively promoting our other experiences, such as Coaching, Hire, event days and corporate bookings. You will be expected to engage with our visitors, providing key information and messages throughout their visit. You will have a passion for, previous experience with, and great understanding of, quality visitor experience and will consistently deliver our customer service vision. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You will support and encourage strong team working across all departments.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Delivering exceptional service to all our visitors, face to face and through other methods of communication
- Welcome our visitors at the start of their visit, processing their bookings & issuing passes
- Ensure that all visitors have completed the ‘Acceptance of Risk’ documents prior to riding
- Engage with our visitors to share information they will need for their day but also share information on upcoming events
- Ability to increase sales in areas such as, Coaching and Hire equipment through effective communications, identifying the needs of our visitors on and offsite
- Monitoring the incoming emails and responding accordingly, following BPW procedures & standards
- Answering incoming calls from visitors, providing information to queries and problem solving
- Engaging with all visitors throughout their visit and ensure a warm goodbye is given
- Assist on site presentation to include entrance road, car parks and visitor centre. Daily responsibility for ensuring the VW dept ‘zone’ is presentable
General team duties:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Ability to deliver exceptional standards of customer service
- Proven experience in face to face customer service experience, ideally in a sales environment
- Exceptional people skills, enabling great working relationships with team members as well as visitors
- Fun, personable and can be a highly motivated self-starter
- Genuine interest & knowledge of BikePark Wales
- Willingness to learn and participate in training programs
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Numerate with experience of basic record keeping and cash handling
- Good IT skills (Microsoft office package)
- Passion for Mountain Biking, ideally a rider yourself
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid emergency outdoors
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
To apply please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a covering letter.
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.