Terms and Conditions
Terms & Conditions
Please ensure you read through the terms and conditions, they are here to help, guide and support you before and during your visit to BikePark Wales.
Occasionally we may be required to cancel the uplift at short notice for operational or safety reasons (e.g. snow/ice/fallen trees, high winds). Should this situation arise we aim give as much notice as possible.
Our weather warning policy
BikePark Wales operates a traffic light warning system in the event of adverse weather conditions. Our website and social media will reflect any warnings that have been issued. An explanation of our system is below.
If we issue an AMBER warning: BikePark Wales intends to open but there is a high likelihood of bad weather which could potentially disrupt your visit. An amber light means you need to be prepared that some trails may be closed as a safety precaution, and that the uplift could be affected - if the weather worsens the park may need to shut. During amber warnings visitors may request to move their booking to another available date at no cost, should they wish to. Requests to move bookings are to be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – noting your order reference number.
If we issue a RED warning: Extreme weather is expected, and the trail network and uplift will be closed. If the traffic light system shows Red for the current / following day, all customers who have pre-booked can choose to move your booking to another available date or receive a full refund via the reception team. If there is a red weather warning, please do not come to BikePark Wales. You will automatically receive an email notification, informing you that your booking has been suspended. BikePark Wales, also aim to text you in advance of opening. Please ensure your contact details are correct!
*BikePark Wales will take no financial responsibility for any other costs incurred for these cancellations
If we have to cancel your uplift for any reason your booking will automatically be "suspended", this means it is held as credit on our system and you can arrange to move the booking to another date of your convenience. If your booking is held as suspended for more than 6 months and you have not arranged an alternative date we reserve the right to move your credit to a gift voucher with a 1 year expiry date. You may request a refund for any outstanding credit if you prefer.
Uplift cancellation & amendment policy
*Please note that the notice period commences at midnight of the day you notified BPW.
Up to 8 days before the date for which you originally booked:
- You may transfer your booking to another day (subject to availability) free of charge. Please check the availability calendar here and inform us of the new date you require. The date must show as green (available) for us to transfer to it.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £5 per person cancellation fee.
Between 1 week and 48 hours before the booking:
- You may transfer your booking to another day, subject to availability. This transfer is subject to a £5 per person admin fee. Please check the availability calendar here and inform us of the new date you require. The date must show as green (available) for us to transfer to it.
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £10 per person cancellation fee for the uplift.
Within 48 hours of the booking:
- No refund will be given, and the date cannot be moved. The only option at this late stage is to amend the rider name – If this is required, you must inform us prior to the visit.
Rider name changes
Please inform us which rider is being replaced, and the full name of their replacement. Please ensure that the new rider completes the Acceptance of Risk before they arrive at BPW. This can be done online here.
Please find our BIKE HIRE cancellation policy below:
*Please note that the notice period commences at midnight of the day you notified BPW.
Between 1 month and 2 weeks before your booking date:
- If you wish to cancel your booking you will be subject to a £5 admin fee.
Up to 2 weeks before the date of your booking:
- If you wish to cancel you are subject to a 40% cancellation fee, this will be deducted from your refund.
Within 48 hours of your booking:
- No refund will be given, and the date cannot be moved.
Bike Hire & Protection Terms and Conditions
BikePark Wales Hire bikes are assessed by a qualified mechanic prior to being hired, however, please make sure that you follow the Mountain Bikers Checklist for your own safety and assess your bike before riding each run.
THE HIRER IS RESPONSIBLE for the bike and the equipment and will be liable for any loss of the bike or equipment.
POSITIVE IDENTIFICATION – is required from each hirer plus a permanent address and car registration
LOSS AND DAMAGE DEPOSIT – a £250 deposit per bike is required when hiring a bike, this is refunded on return of the bike. Your rental fee includes a damage waiver for any reasonable wear and tear on the bike, any damage to the bike believed to have been caused by negligence, or theft of the bike is the hirers responsibility.
Delays in returning your hire bike/s will be subject to a half day or a full day hire charge.
SECURITY – Our hire bikes must not be left unattended at any time unless locked securely. Overnight hire is not permitted, bikes must not be taken off site and should be returned by 4pm.
Although we endeavour to keep bike specs, as advertised, we cannot guarantee they will be exactly as displayed on our website. If there is a particular spec feature you would like on your bike, please call us on 07730 382501 and we will be happy to help where possible.
Online Bike Purchases - The Purchase Contract
BikePark Wales must receive at least 25% of the full price for the bike you have ordered to enable for your order to be accepted. At this point a contract is formed. This is referred to as your “reservation deposit”, and details of your cancellation rights are detailed below.
You may choose to make full payment through the website for convenience.
Once payment has been received BikePark Wales will confirm and accept your order by sending an email to the email address you provided during the online order process. The email includes your name, the order number and the total price of the goods ordered as well as how much you have paid to date. Please check this e-mail when you receive it to check your order. Please notify us within 24 hours if you notice a problem with your order.
BikePark Wales acceptance of your order brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms. Any term sought to be imposed by you in your order will not form part of the contract.
BikePark Wales is entitled to withdraw from any contract in the case of obvious errors or inaccuracies regarding the goods appearing on our website. If an error or inaccuracy is discovered with regards to the advertised price of the goods that you have ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible by e-mail. This will be to inform you of the correct price of the goods, and to ask you if you wish to continue with the order at the amended price, or to cancel the order altogether.
Availability of Ordered Goods
BikePark Wales only advertise products that are in stock but if due to inaccuracies BikePark Wales has insufficient stock to deliver the goods ordered by you, we will notify you as soon as possible by the email you provided. Any payment taken, will be re-credited to the card on which payment was originally taken. The refund will be made as soon as possible, in any event within 14 days of your order. BikePark Wales will not be obliged to offer any additional compensation for disappointment or loss suffered.
Please note: we endeavour to bring our customers the best value we can by running special offers, but please remember stocks are limited at the special offer price, and subject to availability. The process of updating the website when goods have sold out at promotional price can take a few hours to update.
All purchases must be picked up in store, at which point the legal ownership of the bike transfers to you. It is your responsibility to make sure you are happy with your bike before you leave the shop, bikes that have been ridden outside are not entitled to be returned for a refund.
Should you choose not to continue with your below we explain the conditions of refund:
Cancellation, returns and Refunds
If your bike was sold to you with a factory specification, you have a 14 day cooling off period during which you are entitled to your reservation deposit to be refunded. The refund will be paid within 14 days of you notifying us in writing. The cooling off period ends after 14 days or when you collect your bike from the shop whichever is sooner.
If an order is cancelled, you will no longer be entitled to a free season pass or a “golden ticket”. These are only issued on completion of your purchase in store. These have a product value of £0.01 and are not transferable or refundable.
If your bike was bespoke, with custom parts fitted you can only return for a refund if it is faulty. At our discretion we may be able to offer a partial refund of your reservation deposit less the cost of the bespoke parts and a labour charge of £35/hour to convert back to a factory specification for resale. For products ordered in especially this partial refund may not be available.
We cancel your order
If the bike your ordered is not available, we will refund you in full within 14 days of notifying you that the product is not available.
If you do not arrange collection within 30 days, we reserve the right to cancel your order. You will be refunded your reservation deposit less £40 admin fee to cover the staff time incurred.
We reserve the right to cancel your order for any reason, in this situation we will refund you in full within 14 days.
Unless faulty goods collected in person cannot be refunded once the bike has left the premises.
Changes to This Agreement
BikePark Wales reserves the right to make changes to our site, policies, and these terms and conditions at any time. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unforeseen, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
General terms and Conditions
- All bookings made on-line will be charged to your account at the time you make your booking. You will receive a confirmation email, stating your booking reference number and other important information for your visit.
- From time to time some trails may have to be closed for routine maintenance work - we will try and give you the most up to date information of any closures on the day of your uplift however this cannot always be guaranteed.
- BikePark Wales has a strict helmet policy. If you do not wear one whilst riding, you will be asked to forfeit your ride pass, with no refund. For your convenience, you can hire a full face on the day.
- BikePark Wales will take no responsibility for any items left unattended on the bus and strongly advise against bringing valuables with you.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your bike is securely loaded on the uplift trailer, any questions please ask the driver to help.
- BikePark Wales determines an adult as over 18 years old.
- The tyre size limit for our uplift trailers is 2.75”.
- BikePark Wales is a pay to ride venue and revenues from entry fees are used to fund trail maintenance and building new trails. Please respect this and buy your trail pass at reception upon arrival. Anyone found riding on site without a valid pass will receive a £50 spot fine.
- BikePark Wales reserve the right to change its Terms and Conditions at any time.
Children aged 15 years and under, must always be accompanied by an adult rider (over 18), across the park. If anyone under 15 is found riding without an adult, you will be instructed to forfeit you ride pass, with no refund.
If a booking is made for a person under the age of 16 you must notify BikePark Wales as soon as you book, notifying us of who will be accompanying them.
ACCEPTANCE OF RISK
YOU ARE ABOUT TO TAKE PART IN A HIGH-RISK ACTIVITY. YOU WILL MINIMISE THIS RISK BY FOLLOWING THE SAFETY RULES AND ADVICE IN THE MOUNTAIN BIKERS RESPONSIBILITY CODE AND THE MOUNTAIN BIKE AND EQUIPMENT CHECKLIST. IF YOU DON’T FOLLOW THE SAFETY RULES AND ADVICE YOU INCREASE THE LIKLEHOOD OF A SERIOUS ACCIDENT, WHICH COULD BE FATAL.
- I understand that Mountain Biking is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. I accept that there is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- I understand that I must wear a helmet at all times and that a full-face helmet, eye protection, body armour and gloves are highly recommended.
- I agree that I will follow the Mountain Bikers Responsibility Code at all times
- I agree to check my bike and equipment as per the Mountain Bike and Equipment Checklist at the start of the day, before each run and after any crash.
- In the unlikely event of an accident, or loss or damage to my personal effects, I acknowledge that the company, its sponsors and any associated parties will not be liable for any direct or indirect loss, damage or injury arising from or in connection with the Activities (except for death or Personal Injury caused by the Company’s negligence).
- I certify that to the best of my knowledge I do not have a medical condition which might have the effect of making it more likely that I be involved in an incident which could result in injury to myself or to others.
- It is important that everyone who uses BikePark Wales takes note of the following Health and Safety advice:
- Mountain Biking, like any extreme sport, is dangerous and includes substantial obstacles, which can be physically testing. There is a risk of injury and death when undertaking such activities.
- Trails are graded according to ability, ensure that you are competent to ride each trail. If in doubt start on the easier trails and work your way up.
- Always perform a recce ride of any trails you intend to ride; trails change with weather conditions and from continual trail amendments and improvements, do not assume they will always be exactly the same each time you visit.
- Follow the Mountain Bikers Responsibility Code
- Children aged 16 and under need to be supervised by a parent or guardian (over 18 years of age) at ALL times
- You must ALWAYS wear a helmet. We also strongly advise you wear a full-face helmet, eye protection, gloves and body armour. IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A HELMET YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO RIDE IN THE PARK OR USE THE UPLIFT SERVICE.
- Read and adhere to all advice signs while using the trails.
- It is your responsibility to ensure your equipment is fit for purpose
Uplift Terms of carriage
Our uplift service is designed to carry you safely and efficiently to the top of the mountain, in order to do so we require all passengers to conform to the following terms of carriage.
We reserve the right to refuse you entry, or require you to leave our buses or premises at any time, should we have reason to believe that your behaviour jeopardises the safety, security and comfort of others.
When travelling with us you must in particular:
- Remain seated and wear a seat belt while the vehicle is in motion.
- Refrain from smoking either conventional or electronic cigarettes
- Behave in a manner that is not abusive or threatening and does not cause offence to other customers or staff
- Refrain from eating and drinking items which make the environment unpleasant for other customers or otherwise cause offence
- Refrain from consuming alcohol
- Refrain from playing loud music or operating a personal device at a volume which may be heard by other passengers
- Refrain from leaving rubbish or discarded items on the bus
- Follow the instructions of our staff and act in a manner which shows due regard for the safety and comfort of other customers and company employees.
- Notify a member of staff immediately if you sustain an injury whilst boarding, travelling on or getting off a bus
- Except in an emergency, not talk to the driver whilst the bus is moving, obstruct the driver’s vision or otherwise distract them
- Not interfere with equipment fitted on the vehicle
- Not deliberately damage or deface any part of the vehicle
The uplift is available for use for those wishing to use it simpy as a means of transport to the top of the hill, not using the bike park trails (hikers etc), single journey fees are payable at the collection point
Our lost property policy is available here