We are hiring - Head Chef
BikePark Wales was born from a passion to create the best mountain bike facility in the UK, the UK's first full scale bike park to rival the best in the World. The BikePark Wales team have slaved day and night for 5 years to create this incredible facility. BikePark Wales is built for riders, by riders.
A good meal is an important part of every great day on the bike and we want to create a dining experience that becomes one of the highlights of a rider's day, something that gets customers almost as excited as the trails they will enjoy on the mountain. Our visitor centre is a rustic, cosy environment enjoyed by people with a love of being in the great outdoors having fun with friends. We are looking for a head chef who has the confidence to develop creative menus that truly enhance our customers visit to the park.
Reporting To: Commercial Manager
- Previous role as a Head Chef.
- To have the confidence to devise menus that better support the BikePark Wales Brand.
- You will need to adhere to the necessary Food Hygiene Levels, have good numeracy and customer Service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities – Specific
- Continually improve and develop our food offering.
- Achieve and maintain the highest levels of food hygiene.
- Meet with suppliers and best represent BikePark Wales.
- Stock ordering and allocation on to POS database.
- Stock taking and stock wastage reporting.
- To support and train the team and constantly help develop their skills and best practices.
- Preparation of food and cooking.
- To support the F and B team in general kitchen duties.
- Ensure health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
Duties and Responsibilities - General
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Compile and agree a list of annual goals and targets with your line manager, and to be responsible for achieving all actions.
To apply please send your C.V and covering letter to Phil Blackford [email protected].
More details available on request.