We are hiring - Casual hours weekend team member
< Back to all careers
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bikes shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious 3 year plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
We are looking for an energetic, responsible and organised individual to join our customer service team as an operations team member. What does this really mean? We are looking for an individual to help cover busy weekends at the bike park putting their hand to multiple tasks and switching between departments as the day progresses . It will be a very varied role including helping in the bike shop, cafe, reception and uplift departments, a great way to get experience in a variety of areas.
Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. We are looking for candidates with the right attitude, a willingness to work hard, make a difference and progress is more important than qualifications, candidates who prove themselves in this role can and have in the past progress through the business.
Responsibilities to include:
- Working across all departments to deliver an excellent visitor experience.
- Assisting across all departments on the day-to-day operation of BikePark Wales.
- Engaging with our visitors to share information they will need for their day but also share upcoming events.
- Assist all departments in delivering high standards of customer service.
- Assist on site presentation to include entrance road, car parks and visitor centre. Daily responsibility for ensuring site cleanliness.
- Adhering to Health & Safety compliance across the site.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for and previous experience of quality visitor experience
- Exceptional personal standards and understanding of customer service
- Excellent organisation and planning skills and a good eye for detail. Identifying a potential problem and acting quickly to resolve it
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally across all teams, strong communication skills both verbal and written
- A hard working and adaptable manner, with a solid common-sense approach
- Understanding of health and safety procedures
- Emergency first aid skills, would be desirable
- Active approach to improve standards across the site
- Ability to speak Welsh is desirable
To apply please e-mail your CV and 500 words explaining why you think you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org