We're looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our coaching team. This position will assist BikePark Wales’ coaches with our children’s coaching courses. These include both Saturday morning clubs (Saturday Club 1 & 2) and our 2 day school holidays courses (Intermediate & Advanced). If you want to help the next generation of riders develop their riding skills then this is a great opportunity!
Experience & Qualifications:
- British Cycling Level 2 or CTC Skills Instructor
- First aid qualification
- Clean CRB check
Duties and Responsibilities - Specific
- Review and check your safety and first aid kits at the beginning of each session
- Ensure your bike and your clients bikes are suitable and safe to ride
- Assess all clients on the beginner trails before taking them up the hill
- Assist coaches with delivery of the BikePark Wales coaching programmes to the required standard
- Responsible for ensuring the safety of riders on coaching sessions, assisting with delivery of instruction and checking that all riders return to the centre safely after each session and at the end of each run.
- This role will require a good deal of working with younger riders and as such much of the role will involve managing groups of children, keeping them engaged and ensuring their safety.
- Responsible for the safety of the riders being coached and other users on the hill
- Represent BikePark Wales by enforcing our code of conduct whilst on the hill
- Work safely and ensure compliance with accident reporting
- Maintain first aid qualification
Duties and Responsibilities - General
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Previous experience in a coaching role / working with children
- Be organised, honest and reliable
- Having a friendly and engaging personality
- Comfortable working with members of the public
- Should have a confident manner
- Must be helpful and polite
For more information or to submit your application please email [email protected]