We are hiring - Visitor Welcome Manager
< Back to all careers
Job Title: Visitor Welcome Manager
Reporting to: Business Development Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: Visitor Welcome Team
About BikePark Wales
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The Park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers, descending on Myndd Gethin, a 491-metre summit.
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bike shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious development plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products and facilities to the existing site.
We are looking for an experienced, energetic, and motivated leader to join our Visitor Experience team in a new role as Visitor Welcome Manager. This role will lead the team in delivering a fun but professional environment, which results in the efficient day-to-day operation of the welcome department.
Reporting through to the Business Development Manager as a key HOD within the business the successful candidate will be expected to take full ownership of the department, delivering a world class service.
You will be responsible for ensuring the Visitor Welcome team assist visitors throughout the visitor journey, according to our Standard operating procedures, customer service vision, our mission statement, company values and policies.
You will be expected to always lead by example; this is a hands-on role that will suit someone who enjoys leading from the front. The ideal candidate will have previous management experience from a reception/guest services background, you will be highly flexible, with a can-do approach, be professional, proactive and service focused but importantly a friendly and welcoming presence, with a strong attention to detail, quick-thinking.
The candidate will have a passion for, and robust experience in delivering a quality visitor experience. Extensive leadership and motivational skills are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You will support and encourage strong team working across all departments.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Lead the VW team in delivering exceptional service to all our visitors, face to face and through other methods of communication on a day-to-day operation
- Lead the team in operating the BPW reception email account and telephone lines
- Assist the BDM in group and corporate enquiries and functions, and assisting in events, as needed
- Ensure all team are completing the ‘Acceptance of Risk’ confirmation checks prior to visitors riding
- Train and lead the Visitor Welcome team in engaging with our visitors, sharing information they will need for their day, also sharing information on upcoming events
- Ensure the Visitor Welcome team are consistently adhering to company GDPR protection policies
- Work with the BDM to deliver team training for the VW department in all areas
- Work with the BDM in achieving the department KPIs
- Encourage team sales in areas such as, Coaching and Hire equipment through effective communications, identifying the needs of our visitors on and offsite
- Engaging with all visitors throughout their visit and ensure a warm goodbye is given by all team
- Assist on site presentation to include entrance road, car parks and visitor centre. Daily responsibility for ensuring the VW dept ‘zone’ is presentable
- Assist the Senior team in occasionally acting as ‘duty manager’, as and when required
- Lead on Team HR requirements, such as rotas, employee journey activities
- Working with the BDM & the Facilities manager to create a safe working environment for the team and visitors
- Assist the BDM in Health and safety practices and training for the department
- Exceptional people & leadership skills, enabling great working relationships with team members as well as visitors.
- Solid skills in team training, covering a vast range of topics
- Ability to deliver and lead on exceptional standards of customer service
- Proven experience in face-to-face customer service experience, ideally in a sales environment
- Fun, personable and highly motivated self-starter
- Genuine interest & knowledge of BikePark Wales
- Willingness to learn and participate in training programs
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Numerate with experience of record keeping and cash handling
- Good IT skills (Microsoft office package)
- Passion for Mountain Biking, ideally a rider yourself
- Good knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
- Full DBS certificate
- First Aid emergency outdoors
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
To apply for this position please forward your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.