The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
We are hiring - Uplift Supervisor
< Back to all careers
- Job Title: Uplift Supervisor
- Reporting to: Transport Manager
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Uplift Drivers
We are looking for an energetic and motivated leader to join our team as Transport Supervisor. This role will work within the Transport team, leading the team in delivering a fun but professional environment, which results in the efficient day-to-day operation of department.
You will be responsible for ensuring the driver experience team assist visitors at the Park according to our Standard operating procedures, Customer service Vision and Company values.
While the role is predominantly about helping to monitor and manage the ‘roadside’ element of the department, working with the team to deliver our world class Uplift service, there will be some requirement to be able to deputise for the Transport Manager.
You will be expected to lead by example on engaging with our visitors, providing key information and messages throughout their visit. You will have a passion for, previous experience with quality visitor experiences and will consistently deliver our service vision.
Leadership and motivational skills are essential for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You will support and encourage strong team working across all departments.
Duties and responsibilities to include:
- Act as a customer service champion for your department, setting the standards of our Service policy, leading and supervising the Transport team in delivering exceptional service to all our visitors, in the day-to-day operation
- Responsibility to ensure the team are maintaining high standards of vehicle cleanliness, both internal and externally, to maintain an excellent company image
- Lead on the driver welcome team engaging with our visitors, sharing information visitors need for their day but also share information on upcoming events
- Assist the Transport Manager to both participate and deliver team training for the department
- Work with the Transport Manager in achieving the department KPIs
- Assist the Transport Manager is creating Team rotas, internal HR activities and legal driver compliance.
- Assisting in driving duties, should the rota dictate
- Working with the Transport Manager to ensure all drivers and minibuses safety compliance checks are conducted appropriately
- Assist the Transport manager in vehicle and trailer maintenance and repairs, liaising with our commercial garages to organise repair of all defects identified in a timely manner.
- Assist the Transport Manager in maintaining the vehicle maintenance files for all vehicles, using our management system.
- Assist with site presentation, daily responsibility for ensuring the Transport department ‘zone’ is presentable.
- Working with the Transport Manger & Facilities manager to create a safe working environment for the team and visitors
- Assist the Transport Manager in internal and external Health & Safety practices and compliance
- Support the Transport Manager with the effective accounting for all Transport Department equipment
- Assist the Transport Manager with the correct storage of all BPW fleet at the close of business each day
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Genuine interest in BikePark Wales and a passion to help shape the future
- A robust understanding of vehicle mechanics and a practical approach is highly valuable
- Ability to deliver and lead on exceptional standards of customer service
- Strong people skills enabling great working relationships with team members as well as visitors
- Fun, personable and highly motivated self-starter that can enthuse and motivate a team
- Ability to supervise a team in a constantly busy, multifaceted department
- Solid communication skills in the development of customer relationships, managing questions and complaints calmly and decisively
- Strong written, verbal, and non-verbal communication skills
- Experience of record keeping and cash handling, with good IT skills (Microsoft office package)
- Full, Clean British Driving Licence qualified to D1, D1E, DE (no 101 restriction) - Willing to obtain qualifications
- PSV CPC
- Digi tacho driver card (required)
- Experience working within the Transport industry
- Passion for Mountain Biking, ideally a rider yourself
- Good knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid – 16hr Emergency outdoors
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
Salary: Circa £19'500 depending upon experience
To apply please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a 500 word covering letter about why you would be a great addition to our team
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.