The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
We are hiring - Uplift Drivers
< Back to all careers
- Job Title: Uplift Experience Driver
- Reporting to: Transport Manager
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Contract: Full time fixed term - 31st October 2021 and Casual positions available
We are looking for an energetic, responsible, and enthusiastic individual to join our Experience team as an
Uplift Driver. This role is vital in contributing to BikePark Wales delivering a fun but professional environment, which results in the efficient day-to-day operation of the Uplift department.
You will be responsible for welcoming visitors to the Park that have paid a premium to use the Uplift service. You will be expected to engage with our visitors providing key information and messages throughout their visit, specifically during their time on your bus. You will have a passion for and previous experience in providing quality visitor experience and will consistently deliver our customer service vision. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal and communication skills. A passion for the safety and well-being of our visitors whilst in your care is crucial. You will support and encourage strong team working across all departments.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Transport pre-paid customers to the summit of the Mountain Bike Trail network on rotation
- Ensure your assigned minibus and trailer are in full working order at beginning of shift by conducting a defect walk around and completing the legal compliance documentation
- Responsibility of vehicle cleanliness, both internal and externally, in order to maintain an excellent Company image
- Report any vehicular mechanical issues with the BPW Transport Manager
- Complete internal and external training in minor mechanical repairs
- Assist customers putting bikes on to designed trailers, ensuring all possible care is taken to prevent damaging bikes
- Driving in a manner that follows BPW and legal procedures & standards
- Delivering exceptional service and engage with all our visitors to share information they will need for their day but also share news on upcoming events
- Engaging with all visitors throughout their visit and ensure a warm goodbye is given
- Assist on site presentation to include car park and the summit
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Full, Clean British Driving Licence qualified to D1, D1E, DE (no 101 restriction),
- PSV CPC,
- Digi tacho driver card (required)
- Ability to deliver exceptional standards of customer service
- Proven experience in face to face customer service experience, ideally in a PSV environment
- Exceptional people skills, enabling great working relationships with team members as well as visitors
- Fun, personable and can be a highly motivated self-starter
- Genuine interest & knowledge of BikePark Wales
- Willingness to learn and participate in training programs
- Numerate with experience of basic record keeping and cash handling
- Passion for Mountain Biking, ideally a rider yourself
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- Emergency First aid training
To apply please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a covering letter about why you would be a great addition to our team
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.