We are Hiring - Uplift Driver
Have you got what we are looking for?
Description: The post holder will act as a full-time driver, transporting customers as part of our uplift service, ensuring that all procedures are followed on a daily basis. The post is based on a 7 month contract period, running from the start of April 2018 to end of October 2018.
Reporting To: BikePark Wales’ Transport Manager
Experience & Qualifications: Full, Clean British Driving Licence qualified to D1 (no 101 restriction), CPC, driver card
Duties and Responsibilities - Specific
- Transport pre-paid customers to the top of the Mountain Bike Trail network on rotation.
- Ensure Minibus and trailer are in full working order at beginning of shift, including a visual walk around inspection and mechanical inspections such as oil, fuel and water levels etc
- Ensure processes and procedures are followed including first and last run, bus loading, lunch breaks, use of chains, and communication to customers.
- Assist customers putting bikes on to the specially adapted trailers, ensuring all possible care is taken to prevent damaging bikes, ensuring riders on the uplift service have the required pass.
- Report any vehicular mechanical issues with BikePark Wales’ Transport Manager
- Ensure that the minibuses and trailers are clean and tidy, and maintain an excellent Company image.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job
Duties and Responsibilities - General
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Previous experience of working as a Minibus driver
- Familiar with using an digital tachograph
- Be organised, honest and reliable
- Having a friendly and engaging personality
- Comfortable working with members of the public
- Should have a confident manner
- Must be helpful and polite
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. It should be understood that the nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
To apply please email our transport manager [email protected]