We are hiring - Trail Crew team member
Would you like to work for a fast growing business situated within beautiful South Wales woodland?
The Trail Crew form a vital part of the wider BikePark Wales Team. The Trail Crew are responsible for developing and maintaining the entire trail network across the mountain and continuing to maintain the high standard of trails that BikePark Wales is known for.
Trail Crew Team members work under instruction from the Trail Crew Manager and Trail Crew Supervisors and are required to complete a variety of tasks both individually and as part of a team. It is important that the successful candidate is responsible, driven and self-motivated to complete tasks without constant supervision. That said, it is important that they observe all instruction carefully, paying particular attention to the importance of Health & Safety and safe working practices when conducting all works (trail or otherwise). This is to ensure that BikePark Wales is a safe environment for all including but not limited to: BikePark Wales staff, customers, general public and contractors/ sub-contractors.
Due to the nature of the job role, it requires someone who is comfortable working predominantly outdoors in all weather conditions, year-round (Wind, rain, shine or inevitably snow!). Some conditions are obviously more challenging than others and this is where a positive, ‘can do’ attitude is essential for maintaining team moral.
The trail crew department form an integral part of the wider BikePark team. The quality and evolution of the trails is of primary importance to the customers enjoyment and is a key component in their overall experience. Having an experience that exceeds expectation is what keeps customers returning to the venue.
Trail Crew members are a visible part of the team seen across all areas of the park and must be good ambassadors for the BikePark. This includes providing support and advice to customers and the general public in a friendly manner.
As with all job roles in a small team, the trail crew must be adaptable and assist in other areas as required by the business.
For the successful candidate the Trail Crew position offers an opportunity to work in a stunning outdoor setting, whilst developing many skills including trail building and woodland management, use of machinery and plant including training in various disciplines relevant to the job and finally working with dedicated and friendly team in a growing business that is at the forefront of its field within the mountain biking industry.
- Maintaining and developing the BikePark’s trail network.
- Working under the guidance and instruction of the Trail Crew manager and supervisor(s) and carrying out work tasks outlined by them.
- Following workplans and priorities relating to the daily /weekly/monthly work tasks.
- Self-motivated and focussed on completing tasks in a timely manner and to the required standards.
- Lead by example, be motivational to co-workers and carry a positive attitude.
- Contribute to discussions and conversations regarding best practice, future ideas and any other suggestions that might benefit the team and or BikePark
- Keep records of work undertaken in trail diary and communicate work completed to supervisors.
- Conduct Plant, Machinery and Tool maintenance checks.
- Report any defective or damaged plant and equipment to supervisors or manager.
- Plan and Manage the tools and equipment needed to complete the daily tasks set.
- Use of hand tools whilst following safe working practices (Aka. best practice).
- Use of appropriate trail crew plant (excavators, dumpers, ATV’s, compactors, brush cutters and chainsaws).
- Maintain high standards of health and safety, following all appropriate guidelines and protocols. (Including appropriate use PPE when required)
- Test ride bike trails & features as required by the business. Full Mountain Bike Safety Gear to be worn when doing so.
- Maintain the BikePark trails to the highest possible standards. The quality of the trails is of the upmost importance to ensure the quality of the experience is maintained for customers.
- Assisting the Bikepark Wales team where required across other departments to ensure that the business runs smoothly.
- Clean UK driving license
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Physically fit and strong enough to carry out a largely manual role
- Passionate about mountain biking and trail building
- 360 Excavator Ticket
- Dumper/Track Dumper Ticket
- Chainsaw Tickets
- Brushcutter ticket
All aplications to be sent to Brendan@bikeparkwales.com