We are hiring - Trail Crew Manager
We're looking for a Trail Crew manager to join our team! .
The Trail Crew Manager has responsibility for the day to day operation of the trail network at BikePark Wales and heads up the Trail Crew department. They report to the Trails Director for all trail specific information and, as a Head of Department report directly to the COO for all operations and the right candidate will form part of the senior management team.
General Requirements of the Role
- Working collaboratively with the senior management team in the management and operation of the business including a proportion of weekend cover and decision making when the senior member on site.
- Overall responsibility for the day to day operation of the Trail Crew Department, including management of the maintenance and ongoing development of the BikeParks trail network, working under the guidance of the trails director.
- Management of the Trail Crew staff team to ensure safe, professional and efficient working environment and practices.
- Ensuring all Trail related legislation and guidelines are up to date (H&S, Conservation, best practice etc)
- Leading meetings and toolbox talks with the Trail Crew
- Ensuring Trail Crew goals and targets are achieved
- Planning all physical works with support of the Trail Crew supervisors
- Overseeing that operations are carried out safely and effectively, performing both safety and quality-based audits.
- A thorough understanding of the Risk Management relating to trails for Mountain Biking, to protect customers ‘the riders’, the company against litigation, and finally the Trail Crew staff and public whilst performing the physical trail works. Including preparation and reviews of department Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Management of the trail inspection processes and the subsequent work flow and sign off of completed actions.
- Ensure that all Trail Crew plant and equipment is well-maintained and servicing up to date.
- Use of appropriate trail crew plant as required with appropriate training (excavators, dumpers, ATV’s, compactors and chainsaws etc).
- An experienced mountain bike rider.
- Experience of the mountain bike industry
- Test or oversee tests of bike trails & features as required by the business. Full Mountain Bike Safety Gear to be worn.
- Strong Leadership qualities.
- An ambassador for the BikePark.
- Monthly Trail Inspections completed (including annual OGB1 tree safety review).
- Worksheets/Job sheets created from completed monthly inspections
- Trail Diaries completed and checked
- Trail maintenance completed to priority status
- Inspections checked weekly for completed tasks and updated with dates
- Conducting weekly, Random Site Safety Reviews
- Conducting weekly, Random Site Quality Reviews
- 6 monthly trail video inspections completed and stored on server
- Accident forms and reviews complete within 1 week of incident.
- Manage work standards across the team.
- Manage trail upgrade/build projects timetable and staff teams workflow. (Ensuring adequate resource is focussed on maintenance and efficient use of team members each and every day).
- Manage plant usage and plant repairs including plant servicing schedule.
- Record and monitor training and staff qualifications and plan for upskilling and development of team.
- Manage inventory of tools, equipment and supplies.
- Manage trail sweep process for adverse weather.
- Ensure Trail amendment forms completed including sign-off prior to sections being opened following amendments.
- Co-ordinate with emergency services and update emergency access map/plan with any new trails, marker posts and access routes added as required.
- Collect and collate data from trail counters, analyse trends.
- Plan and manage volunteer dig days at the bikepark building and supporting the local rider community.
The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. It should be understood that the nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with the post holder.
All applications to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org