We are hiring - Hire & Workshop supervisor
< Back to all careers
The post holder will be directly responsible for the operation of the bike hire service, in addition to responsibility for ensuring high standards of customer service in the workshop, and to carry out all tasks necessary to ensure the shop service is delivered in a professional manner.
The ideal candidate will be a fun, engaging individual who is organised, experienced and great with people. Previous supervisor experience is an advantage, but not essential. We are of course a trail head location and our team and customers love to ride, so it would seem amiss if our Workshop Supervisor wasn’t a passionate rider themselves!
Reporting to: Workshop Manager.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Hire Team of 3.
Qualifications: Cytech Level 2, Level 3 modules would be advantageous.
Duties and Responsibilities - Specific;
- Supervising the day to day running of the hire service, ensuring the standards are maintained even in your absence.
- To assist the Workshop Manager schedule and prep the ex-rental bikes ready for sale.
- Ensure team complete paperwork and handovers to a high standard.
- Support the team, improving both the quality of the product and the service.
- Responsible for the daily workshop services as directed by the Workshop Manager or alternative Supervisor/Team Leader in his absence.
- Maintain high quality and quantity of work, service standards, and behaviour.
- Carry out daily running of the workshop and bike hire customer front, including handling customer queries, issues and complaints.
- Work at a pace that allows agreed quantity of turnarounds, while maintaining a quality as expected by BikePark Wales. This includes both repair and service of customer bikes in addition to our own hire fleet, as well as preparation for sale of ex-hire bikes.
- Responsible for ensuring that the workshop and adjacent external areas are clean, tidy and organised, and adhering to the cleaning rota.
- Ensure that the job record system is maintained and fully costed and scheduled to meet agreed deadlines.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make a purchase of services, including discussing the merits of different products.
- Maintain a suitable level of industry knowledge and developments leading to presentation of promotional ideas and concepts leading to improved sales. Suggest ideas for growth of labour charge.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
- Cover shop sales and customer service as required.
Duties and Responsibilities – General;
- Cash handling and other duties associated with till use.
- Monitor security within the workshop and bike hire, including container units, etc.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new systems
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Making sure that all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is of sound working condition at all times and report any defects to your line manager.
- Cleaning liquids, lubricants and any other dangerous substances must be treated with care in line with Care of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) guidelines.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post.
- Representing BikePark Wales in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to work always in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of BikePark Wales.
- Reporting of any Health and Safety concerns and solutions to Centre Manager, and where necessary, Company directors.
- A comprehensive understanding of Mountain Biking equipment and brands, including previous experience of working in a bike shop.
- Proactive approach to keeping up with current trends, professional development and the wider biking industry.
- Be organised, honest and reliable.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, smart appearance and comfortable working with members of the public and should have a confident manner.
- Staff should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
- Knowledge of inventory techniques.
Salary information available on request.
If you have what we are looking for, we want to hear from you! To apply, please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org