The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
We are Hiring- Hire Mechanic
< Back to all careers
Job Title: Hire Mechanic
Reporting to: Hire Supervisor
About BikePark Wales
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers, descending on Mynydd Gethin, a 491-metre summit.
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bike shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious development plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
The ideal candidate will be a fun, engaging individual who is organised, experienced and great with people. Previous hire experience is desirable, and a minimum qualification of CYTECH Level 2 is a must. We are of course a BikePark location, seeing roughly four to five hundred customers a day during busy periods. Therefore, the workshop is a fast-paced environment and it is crucial to maintain leading levels of service and experience at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Daily hire services as directed by the Hire Supervisor.
- Maintain high quality and quantity of work, service standards, and behaviour.
- Carry out daily running of the workshop and bike hire customer front.
- Performing hire bike handovers with customers in a professional and welcoming manner.
- Repair and service our extensive hire fleet, as well as preparation of ex-hire bikes for sale.
- Responsible for workshop and hire external areas tidiness.
- Work to a job record system, meeting agreed deadlines in a fast-paced workshop environment.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make use of hire services, including discussing the merits of different products and packages.
- Assisting in the maintenance of suitable stock levels.
- Well versed with all our key brands - Trek, Shimano, Muc Off, WTB. As well as great up to date knowledge within the bike industry.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
- Pro-Active attitude to maintaining and improving professional knowledge.
- Actively participating in Trek University and Shimano Technical Education.
General team duties:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Qualified to minimum CYTECH Level 2
- Previously worked, or currently working in the cycle trade, within a workshop environment
- A keen interest in MTB and BikePark Wales
- Hire and Customer Service experience within the bike industry
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid Qualifications
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
If you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail a CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right person for the role to email@example.com N.B. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, start dates will vary according to government guidelines.