The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
We are hiring - Facilities & Duty Manager **Internal applicants only**
< Back to all careers
About BikePark Wales
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility, located at Merthyr Tydfil, on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park, just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers.
BikePark Wales is a young, dynamic & successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bikes shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious 3 year plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
An exciting opportunity for an energetic, responsible, and highly organised individual to join the BikePark Wales team.
Vital to this role will be the ability to enrich the visitor experience and to ensure exceptional standards of customer service are always delivered. The duty manager will champion the strong one team ethos of the company. As the duty manager, you will “run the day”, leading and motivating the team to ensure a smooth operation
The successful candidate will be responsible for managing general site facilities maintenance and upkeep, including compliance and managing service and maintenance schedules and records.
Overall responsibility to deliver our first aid department, including line managing the First aid responder team.
Reporting to: Centre Operations Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: First responder team
Responsibilities to include:
- Leading on the day-to-day operations of BikePark Wales as duty manager. Ensuring all departments are working effectively and directing resource as required to match the visitor journey. Aid departments to cover breaks and busy periods, Handling customer complaints, should they arise on the day. Managing any issues as they arise on the day, in a calm manner that allows the customer experience to be unaffected
- Assisting the heads of department, in delivering exceptional standards of customer service
- Working across all departments to deliver an excellent visitor experience
- Responsible for opening/closing procedures
- Assisting with health & safety compliance across the site
- Liaising with & organising servicing schedules with maintenance contractors, as well as delivering reactive and preventative work. Take control of and manage routine tasks such as PAT testing, fire alarm tests, fire extinguisher tests, reed bed maintenance, drain clearing etc, reporting to COO for compliance
- Assisting the COO in the presentation of BikePark Wales’ infrastructure
- Assist Senior managers in creating and developing new working procedures and policies across the company
- You will be responsible for compiling monthly statistical reports on first aid, for the board of directors
- Line management to first responders and organising training plans for all team involved in first aid on site.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for and previous experience of quality visitor experience
- Exceptional personal standards and understanding of customer service
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in leadership, at assistant manager level, is essential for this role
- The ability to motivate and engage team members; to identify individual’s skill sets and utilise them, for both personal and business development
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills and a good eye for detail. Identifying a potential problem and acting quickly to resolve it
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally across all teams, strong communication skills both verbal and written
- A hard working and adaptable manner, with a solid common-sense approach
- Strong knowledge of health and safety procedures, IOSH would be desirable
- A strong understanding of fire and security procedure, buildings maintenance, contractor management and services provision
- Emergency first aid qualifications essential
- Active approach to improve standards across the site
Note: The details contained in this Job description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
Please email your CV and Cover letter to email@example.com