The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
We are hiring - Customer service team member - Casual
< Back to all careers
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers, descending on Myndd Gethin, a 491 metre summit. BikePark Wales are responsible for managing and developing the mountain bike trails on the site as well as all ancillary facilities
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bikes shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious development plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
We are looking for an energetic, responsible and organised individual to join our customer service team as a casual Team member.
Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
This role will assist the Duty Manager in delivering the day-to-day operations. Assisting all departments to ensure high standards of customer service is achieved. You will support and encourage strong team working.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for, previous experience with, and great understanding of, quality visitor experience. This position will become pivotal in delivering fantastic experiences to visitors on a daily basis.
Responsibilities to include:
- Working across all departments at key times to deliver excellent visitor experience.
- Assisting across all departments on the day-to-day operation of BikePark Wales.
- Engaging with our visitors to share information they will need for their day but also share upcoming events.
- Supporting and facilitating events.
- Assisting the Heads of Departments in delivering a high standard of customer service at all times.
- Assist on site presentation to include entrance road, car parks and visitor centre. Daily responsibility for ensuring site cleanliness.
- Assisting with general maintenance of building and facilities and to support Heads of Department with maintenance needs.
- Adhering to Health & Safety compliance across the site.
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for and previous experience of quality visitor experience.
- Exceptional personal standards and understanding of customer service.
- The ability to motivate and engage other team members.
- Outstanding organisation and planning skills and a good eye for detail. Identifying a potential problem and acting quickly to resolve it
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally across all teams, strong communication skills both verbal and written
- A hard working and adaptable manner, with a solid common-sense approach
- Strong knowledge of health and safety procedures, IOSH would be desirable
- Emergency first aid skills, would be desirable
- Active approach to improve standards across the site
- A keen interest in MTB and BikePark Wales.
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
Please email CV and covering letter to email@example.com