We are hiring - Bike Shop Manager
BikePark Wales was born from a passion to create the best mountain bike facility in the UK, the UK's first full scale bike park to rival the best in the World. The BikePark Wales team have slaved day and night for 5 years to create this incredible facility. BikePark Wales is built for riders, by riders.
Due to internal promotion, we are seeking a new bike shop manager to lead our retail team. The shop here at BikePark Wales is a busy and specialist environment focussing on high end mountain bike products, so an excellent level of knowledge in the field is required from all applicants. This opportunity will allow the successful candidate to continue the great work done to date by Phil, our existing manager and to work with him as our new Head of Retail to further improve our levels of customer service, systems, processes and product presentation.
The ideal candidate will be a fun, engaging individual who is organised, experienced and great with people. Previous management experience is a must. We are of course a trail head location and our team and customers love to ride, so it would seem amiss if our bike shop manager wasn’t a passionate rider themselves!
Our bike shop retail and workshop teams are an experienced and hardworking bunch with a shared love of riding bikes, working as close as possible to the trails and providing industry leading levels of service, we are looking for a manager who shares these values. This role offers a unique opportunity in that the focus is entirely on mountain bike products and predominantly at the high end, there will be no fitting pannier racks to hybrids here, so candidates will need to know their Flux from their A2 and their SLX from their GX to make a success of this role.
An eyefor detail, sound commercial knowledge, an ability to analyse, report on and react to sales trends, as well as an ability to bring structure and efficiency to the team are all desirable in the ideal candidate.
This role is advertised at an exciting time for the business, as a major development project gets underway to improve the facilities at the bike park which will include a new bespoke bike hire centre during 2019. As indicated by the existing manager moving on to a more senior role, this position can offer real career progression.
- Hard working and passionate.
- Previous Retail and Customer Service management experience, within the bike industry.
- Great Customer Service skills with both customers and brand representatives.
- Great industry knowledge of trends and developments that could affect and benefit the store.
- Well versed with all our key brands - Fox, Trek, Shimano, Muc Off, Stans, WTB, GoPro etc.
- Understanding of stock and its movement.
- Team player.
- Excellent time management and ability to work under your own initiative.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a keen attention to detail.
Desirable attributes would include:
- Citrus Lime point of sale experience.
- Mechanical experience is always beneficial in understanding the requirements of the customer.
Please attach your C.V and include a 500 word covering letter about why you would be a great addition to Our Team.
Applications to be sent to; Phil Blackford Head of Retail and Workshop [email protected].
More details on request.