The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
We are hiring - Bike Shop Assistant
< Back to all careers
- Job Title: Bike Shop Assistant
- Reporting to: Bike Shop Manager
- Supervisory Responsibilities: None
- Contract: Full time fixed term - 31st October 2021
We are looking for an energetic, responsible, and organised individual to join our team as our Bike Shop Assistant.
We are proud to have an amazing shop which stocks the best brands in the business, your role is to keep it looking pristine and well stocked. You will be expected to actively engage with our customers, to understand their needs, share your product knowledge, assist in customer purchases and support our Manager in maximising shop revenue.
You will have a passion for, previous experience with, and great understanding of what a quality visitor experience is and will consistently deliver our customer service vision. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You will support and encourage strong team working across all departments.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Daily retail services, such as, stocking shelves, till reconciliation, processing orders, shop presentation
- Be an approachable source of information, be it bikes or related goods, including merits of different products
- Assist in all aspects of running the online shop
- Delivering exceptional service to all our visitors, face to face and through other methods of communication
- Daily reporting of stock levels and required orders
- Maintain an exceptional level of knowledge in trends and new technologies in the industry to assist customers
- Assisting the Manager in monitoring trends in sales and popular items
- Assist on site presentation to include the shop, both internal and external, workshop and back of house.
- Daily responsibility for ensuring the Bike Shop dept ‘zone’ is presentable
General team duties:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- A keen interest in MTB and BikePark Wales
- Understanding of Mountain Biking equipment and brands, previous Bike Retail experience
- Good work ethic, honesty and reliability
- Friendly and engaging personality, comfortable with working with members of the public
- Previous experience using Electronic Point of Sale Systems
- Experience of cash handling
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
- Mechanical experience
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid Qualifications
To apply please send your C.V to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a covering letter about why you would be a great addition to our team
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.