We are hiring - bike shop assistant
We are always on the lookout for fun, engaging individuals with a passion for everything bike and for delivering world class customer service. Our bike shop team are a great bunch with an amazing team spirit, a fatnastic sense of humour and a shared passion for riding bikes and bike products. We are looking for a bike shop assitant to help us with the general running of the shop as well as assisting the bike hire department. This role is a great opportunity for someone with good bike knowledge looking to make a first step or pregress within the bike industry, the succesful candidate will learn a lot, make great contacts and enjoy a fast paced but reqarding environment surrounded by only the best bike goodies!
To apply send a CV and 300 words on why you wish to join our team to firstname.lastname@example.org . The role will be 40 hours per week, salary on application.
The formal bit below!
Reporting to: Bike Shop Manager and/or Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities – Specific:
- Responsible for the daily retail services, including handling customer queries, issues and complaints.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of store provision and appearance, meeting brand guidelines of BikePark Wales partners/suppliers.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make a purchase of either bike or related goods, including discussing the merits of different products.
- Responsible for stocking shelves with merchandise, ensuring products have accurate price tags attached.
- Maintain a suitable level of industry knowledge and developments leading to presentation of promotional ideas and concepts leading to improved sales.
- Monitor shop floor sales trends and popular stock items, and maintaining shop floor tidiness, cleanliness and appearance, including hoovering and mopping.
Duties and Responsibilities – General:
- Representing BikePark Wales in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to work always in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of BikePark Wales.
- Reporting of any Health and Safety concerns and solutions to Centre Manager, and where necessary, Company directors.
- An understanding of Mountain Biking equipment and brands, including previous experience of working in a bike shop.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, smart appearance and comfortable working with members of the public and should have a confident manner.
- Staff should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.