We are Hiring - Bike Shop Assistant
Are you an enthusiastic individual with a passion of mountain biking? If so, we want to hear from you!
We're looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our bike shop team during weekends. The post holder will be responsible for ensuring high standards of customer service in the Bike Shop and associated hire service, including stocking the store, making sales, issue and return of hire bikes and generally assisting customers. We have a lot of exciting development plans ahead of us so for the right person this role could develop into more
Duties and Responsibilities – Specific
- Responsible for the daily retail services, including handling customer queries, issues and complaints.
- Responsible for maintaining high standards of store provision and appearance, meeting brand guidelines of BikePark Wales partners/suppliers.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make a purchase of either bike or related goods, including discussing the merits of different products.
- Responsible for stocking shelves with merchandise, ensuring products have accurate price tags attached.
- Maintain a suitable level of industry knowledge and developments leading to presentation of promotional ideas and concepts leading to improved sales.
- Monitor shop floor sales trends and popular stock items, and maintaining shop floor tidiness, cleanliness and appearance, including hoovering and mopping.
- Assist with the issuing and return of hire bikes, including the bike is safely set up for each customer, returned with any issues identified, and washed for next use.
Duties and Responsibilities – General
- Responsible for security within the store, including being on the look-out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards, etc.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new systems
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- Making sure that all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) is of sound working condition at all times and report any defects to your line manager.
- Responsible for the security of all financial transactions paid to the business on a day-to-day basis from customers, and that all cash and valuables are stored securely.
- Cleaning liquids, lubricants and any other dangerous substances must be treated with care in line with Care of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) guidelines.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- Representing BikePark Wales in a professional manner at all times, maintaining a high quality standard of work, and to work always in accordance with the aims, values and ethos of BikePark Wales.
- Reporting of any Health and Safety concerns and solutions to Centre Manager, and where necessary, Company directors.
- An understanding of Mountain Biking equipment and brands, including previous experience of working in a bike shop.
- Be organised, honest and reliable.
- Having a friendly and engaging personality, smart appearance and comfortable working with members of the public and should have a confident manner.
- Staff should be physically fit as they will be on their feet for most of the day and may be required to lift large amounts of stock.
Reporting to:Bike Shop Manager and/or Supervisor
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Salary: Competative, available on request
To apply please send your CV to [email protected]