We are hiring - Assistant Groundskeeper
Would you like to work for a fast growing business situated within beautiful South Wales woodland?
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers.
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes 39 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bike shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious 3 year plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
BikePark Wales is situated on Natural Resources Wales land at Gethin Woodland Park, a 2,000-acre woodland site including Myndd Gethin a 491 metre summit. BikePark Wales are responsible for managing and developing the mountain bike trails on the site as well as all ancillary facilities.
The groundskeeper’s assistant is a new role created together with the groundskeeper role to maintain and improve the forest roads and the presentation throughout the park.
We are looking for someone who wants to develop a set of skills and can bring their enthusiasm to help improve the presentation of BikePark Wales. Working as an assistant to our groundsman and providing the banksman role to allow them to undertake tasks that take place around the public in the park, you will have an opportunity to work in an outside environment and in a young and fast paced business.
The ideal candidate will have a CSCS card (though not essential as we can train you), and a clean UK driving license and will be a proactive individual who isn’t put off by some bad weather!
Experience is less important than the right attitude.
In return you will have the opportunity to develop your role and learn how to take on more tasks being supported by the groundsman and the business to gain qualifications and operators tickets.
- Banksman to the groundskeeper when operating plant and tractor providing communication between the operator and the public.
- Working with Groundsman to assist in the upkeep and presentation of the uplift road, access road, car parks and grounds.
- Assisting/Conducting maintenance tasks on the uplift road, including but not limited to: Cleaning side ditches and culverts, vegetation management, repairs to potholes, reprofiling road camber, scarification and adding stone materials to road surface, compaction of road, litter pick.
- Conducting maintenance tasks on the access road and car parks, including but not limited to: Cleaning side ditches and culverts, vegetation management, repairs to potholes, reprofiling road camber, scarification and adding stone materials to road surface, compaction of road, litter pick.
- Grounds keeper tasks around visitor centre and car parks including but not limited to: Strimming, vegetation management, grading and landscaping surroundings, seeding and planting, litter picks.
- A professional approach to health and safety.
- Following all risk assessments and method statements to ensure a safe working environment and to protect the public and other staff.
- Conducting daily plant checks and maintenance on the plant and equipment.
- Working to assist the Trail Crew department within the wider BikePark area whenever required.
If you think you have what it takes we would like to hear from you.
All aplications to be sent to Brendan@bikeparkwales.com