We are hiring - Apprentice workshop mechanic
Have you got what we are looking for?
BikePark Wales is looking for an Apprentice Workshop Mechanic to join our super team. If you love mountain bikes and the community that surrounds them, have a passion for riding bikes and want to work right on the trail head then this could be a great opportunity for you. With the UK’s best selection of trails, an amazing shop stocking the best brands in the industry and a great team of colleagues BikePark Wales is the ideal place to work for anyone who lives and breathes mountain biking.
We are looking for an individual with enthusiasm and a passion for all things bike related. The applicant will be trained up to the industry standard qualification of Cytech Level 2. This is a great opportunity to learn from a team with over 30 years mechanical experience. This will be an exciting and varied role including work in the visitor centre.
The position will be full time, 40 hours per week, spread across five days, including weekend work, and will be based at BikePark Wales. The Apprentice Workshop Mechanic will report to the Workshop Manager and the main responsibilities will include;
• Trained on all aspects of bike mechanics.
• Daily workshop services as directed by the Workshop Manager.
• Maintain high quality and quantity of work, service standards, and behaviour.
• Repair and service of our own hire fleet, as well as preparation for sale of ex-hire bikes, under supervision.
• Responsible for workshop and adjacent external areas tidiness.
• Work to a job record system, meeting agreed deadlines.
• Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make a purchase of services, including discussing the merits of different products.
• Maintain a suitable level of industry knowledge and developments.
• Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
• Pro-Active attitude to maintaining and improving professional knowledge.
• Cover shop sales and customer service as required.
A full job description is available on request.
To submit your application please e-mail a CV to [email protected]