Trail Crew Team Member
< Back to all careers
Love riding bikes and digging trails? This could be the perfect opportunity for you to join our trail crew. We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and hard-working individual to bolster our skilled trail crew team!
Trail Crew Members are responsible for maintaining and evolving the BikePark Wales trail network.
Trail Crew Team Members will generally form teams working with one or more Supervisors to complete work tasks and projects though they will also work alone, or together with other team members, without any supervision.
Individuals must be physically fit and strong and motivated to work outdoors in all weathers and often difficult conditions. They will work with a variety of hand tools and the work can be physically demanding.
Applicants do not need to be fully trained machine operators or builders; we can provide the environment and the training and support to learn on the job but what you must provide is the energy and attitude to work hard striving towards making the trails at BPW the best that they can be.
Some experience of trail building whether professional or otherwise is important.
As individual’s knowledge and skill sets develop, they may learn to work on the trails with plant and machinery such as excavators, dumpers, ATV’s and compactors.
Trail members should be strong team players yet remain self-motivated and able to work productively with limited supervision.
Trail Crew members report into the Trail Crew Supervisors and Lead Supervisor.
- Maintaining and developing the mtb trails and all associated features, signage and trail furniture.
- Assisting in various works around the visitors centre, forest roads and during emergency first responder situations when needed.
- Maintaining plant and equipment to a high standard by way of daily and weekly inspections and reporting any damage or concern to an appropriate senior member of Trail Crew staff.
- Using plant, tools and equipment to complete maintenance works that you have been trained to use.
- Showing excellent awareness of health and safety throughout all aspects of work, communicating to supervisors or managers if any H&S concerns are identified and require action or attention.
- Wearing basic PPE at all times when performing work and appropriate task specific PPE when required.
- Following Safe working Practices, Risk assessments and method statements and instructions from supervisors and managers.
- Taking pride in the work and completing all tasks to the same high BikePark Wales standard regardless of the size or type of job.
- Working as part of the team with a positive ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Working in a task focussed manner to achieve the overall aim of maintaining the trail network in excellent condition and evolving it as per the Trail Masterplan document to keep customers excited to return.
- Being willing to learn and develop skills and knowledge via internal and external training and courses. Also, by means of toolbox talks and discussions.
- Taking an active role in the management of the trail network in times of adverse weather and managing Trail Sweeps and remedial works when required including bank holidays and weekends as per the duty cover rota.
- Providing first aid and supporting the first aid team in dealing with incidents when required including when providing duty cover due to adverse weather on weekends.
Salary band 16 - 21.5k subject to experience
To apply please send a CV to email@example.com
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.