The park is currently closed due to Covid 19 local lockdown restrictions. Click here for more info.
< Back to all careers
Job Title: MTB Host
Reporting to: Head Coach
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
About BikePark Wales
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers, descending on Myndd Gethin, a 491-metre summit.
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bike shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious development plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
We are looking for an energetic, responsible, and enthusiastic MTB rider to join our team as an MTB Host.
The post holder will deliver hosting experiences on site, the predominant sessions will be our new ‘Green experience’ offer, which is aimed at MTB beginners.
You will be responsible for the visitor’s experience from start to finish, therefore you must have a positive, engaging, fun personality, with superb communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for, previous experience with and great understanding of quality visitor experience. You will need to have a confident & calm demeanour, with the ability to control a group of visitors, including children.
Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, and organisational.
BikePark Wales aims to be the best hosting venue in the UK and we expect our MTB Hosts to deliver excellent experiences and be professional, at all times.
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Delivering engaging MTB hosting experiences to our visitors
- Complete the full Host training schedule and adhere to the training given
- Follow and deliver the Beginner experiences as set out in your training manual
- Welcome our visitors at the start of their visit, processing their bookings & issuing passes
- Ensure that all visitors have completed the ‘Acceptance of Risk’ documents prior to riding
- Engaging with our visitors to share information they will need for their day but also share upcoming events
- Responsible for the safety of our visitors in your care, supported by training and onsite team
- Review and check your safety and first aid kits at the beginning of each session
- Ensure your bike and your visitor’s bikes are suitable and safe to ride, working with the Mechanics team
- Representing BikePark Wales – you must without exception, wear the sponsored kit provided
General Responsibilities to include:
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- To co-operate with relevant health and safety legislation, policies and procedures in the performance of the duties of the post.
- To carry out the duties and responsibilities of the post in compliance with the Company’s equal opportunities policies.
- To maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate.
- To understand and comply with the Company’s environmental policies
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- A proficient mountain biker
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for and previous experience of quality visitor experience.
- Exceptional personal standards and understanding of customer service.
- The ability to motivate and engage visitors with your enthusiastic and motivational personality
- The ability to be adaptable and calm under pressure
- Organisation and planning skills and a good eye for detail. Identifying a potential problem and acting quickly to resolve it
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally across all teams, strong communication skills.
- A hard working and adaptable manner, with a solid common-sense approach
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
- British Cycling Level 1 Guiding
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid Qualifications
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com