Job title: MTB Host
Reports to: Head Coach
About BikePark Wales
BikePark Wales is the UK’s number one mountain bike facility located at Merthyr Tydfil on the edge of the Brecon Beacons national park just 25 minutes north of central Cardiff. The park is now an internationally recognised destination and a mecca for mountain bikers, descending on Myndd Gethin, a 491 metre summit. BikePark Wales are responsible for managing and developing the mountain bike trails on the site as well as all ancillary facilities
BikePark Wales is a young, successful business which is growing fast. The current offering includes over 40 world class mountain bike trails, a vehicular uplift service, café, bikes shop, bike hire, coaching and events but an ambitious development plan is now underway to both improve the existing services and add new products to the existing site.
We are looking for an energetic, responsible and organised individual to join our team as an MTB Host.
The post holder will deliver hosting experiences on site, the predominant sessions will be our new ‘Ticket to ride’ offer, which is aimed at MTB beginners. This is a Part time role.
You will be responsible for the visitor’s experience from start to finish, therefore you must have a positive, engaging, fun personality, with superb communication skills.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for, previous experience with and great understanding of quality visitor experience. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational.
BikePark Wales aims to be the best hosting venue in the UK and we expect our Hosts to deliver excellent experiences and be professional, at all times.
Responsibilities to include:
- Delivering an engaging MTB hosting experience to our visitors.
- Complete the full Host training schedule and adhere to the training given.
- Engaging with our visitors to share information they will need for their day but also share upcoming events.
- Supporting any events, as requested.
- Adhering to Health & Safety compliance across the site.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities within the overall function, commensurate with the grading and level of responsibilities of the post
- A proficient mountain biker
- The ideal candidate will have a passion for and previous experience of quality visitor experience.
- Exceptional personal standards and understanding of customer service.
- The ability to motivate and engage visitors.
- Organisation and planning skills and a good eye for detail. Identifying a potential problem and acting quickly to resolve it
- Excellent people skills with the ability to build strong relationships, internally and externally across all teams, strong communication skills.
- A hard working and adaptable manner, with a solid common-sense approach
- Emergency first aid skills, would be desirable
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS – 8TH March
INTERVIEWS WILL BE HELD ON – 10th & 11th March
TRAINING COMMENCES – 17th March
*Please note you must be able to attend specified dates & all arranged training dates.
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Note: The details contained in this Job description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.