Intermediate trails: What to expect
Blue BikePark trails are the perfect progression for bikers with an intermediate level of experience providing plenty of challenge and excitement for any rider.
Blue trails are generally flowing and undulating in their nature and will include some more challenging riding with steep slopes, fast sections and numerous trail features.
- Blue grade BikePark trails are suitable for: Intermediate level mountain bikers.
- Bike required: Good quality, well-maintained mountain bike with hydraulic disc brakes. Mid to long travel (140-170mm) modern full-suspension trail or all-mountain bikes recommended.
- Trail and surface types: Descending single-track trails. Trail surface can vary from reasonably smooth crushed stone to the more challenging natural surfaces and obstacles of soil, roots and rocks. Typically, wider and smoother than advanced, red grade trails.
- Gradients and technical trail features: Most gradients are moderate but might include some unavoidable steep sections. Trails may include intermediate difficulty technical trail features; roots, rocks, berms, rollers and intermediate level drops, jumps and timber features.
- Suggested skill level: An intermediate level of skill is required; riders must be able to perform controlled braking on steep descents over uneven terrain, corner at speeds and ride short and steep inclines and descents.