Intermediate Kids 2 Day Course
- Booking the 17th of February books you in for the 17th & 18th (10:00am - 4:00pm)
- Booking the 6th of April books you in for the 6th & 7th (10:00am - 4:00pm)
- Booking the 13th of April books you in for the 13th & 14th (10:00am - 4:00pm)
Our Intermediate Kids 2 Day Course is a fun relaxed environment for younger riders (minimum age 9 years old unless prior arrangement, recommended 10-13 years old. These courses are based on ability) to safely progress their mountain biking and the core fundamentals. Understanding core fundamentals that are the foundations of progression will ensure a more rapid rise in ability. Once established these core skills can be developed and applied to more technical trail features. This course would suit the ability of the children who regularly attended the Rippers sessions at BikePark Wales.
Full Face helmets are mandatory.
If you have any queries regarding this course, please contact our coach at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Generally this course will use our Blue (Intermediate) & Red (Advanced) trails where suitable for the group, it covers the following technical skills;
- Find the ‘pocket' - a safe place to be
- Corner with confidence
- Pump for speed and traction
- Develop control
- Ride with confidence
- Ride steeper terrain
- Manage drops safely
Additional Info / Typical questions
- How good to attendees have to be? We welcome all riders but to get the most from the session riders should have a reasonable level of confidence in an off road environment. Previous trail riding experience is recommended (such as being able to confidently ride down our Blue trails Sixtapod & Willy Waver and Red trails Vicious Valley & Wibbly Wobbly).
- What sort of Bike do I need? Although you do not need a high-end bike it needs to be a good quality mountain bike suitable for the terrain in the park and in good working order. The bike should be equipped with off road tyres, working gears, disc brakes and bar end plugs are essential. All bikes should be equipped with a minimum of front suspension & 24inch wheels.
- How fit do attendees need to be? - A reasonable base level of fitness is required but distance is not big factor is sessions
- Can parents watch? - Due to the nature of the trails and coaching it is not possible for parents to stay and watch but it's a good opportunity to ride the Park (subject to buying a day pass) while your young ones are being coached.
- What Protective gear is recommended? A Helmet is an essential and mandatory piece of kit. Gloves and knee pads are highly recommended. Other types of body armour can be used as you see fit although there is a strong emphasis in the session on riding to your ability and saying in control even when applying new techniques to more challenging terrain.
- What ages is the club suitable for? The course is recommended for 10-13 year olds but we advise contacting our coach (email@example.com) if you are unsure whether this course would be to easy or difficult for your child.
- Does the course include uplift? Yes!
Below are some guidelines on the difficulty of our courses, it is a designed to ensure you do not book on a course that is too difficult for you.
These are the minimum requirements to ensure that the group functions effectively. If your skills are above the minimum requirement you can still book on and learn a lot from the course. For example you may ride black runs weekly but have a skills gap regarding corners. Carving Corners is an intermediate course and is therefore suitable for you as an advanced rider.
Intermediate – For riders who can ride green or blue runs at BikePark Wales. Recommended for those who ride off road less than once a month or those getting back into riding after time off.
Advanced – For riders who can confidently ride blue runs and who occasionally tackle red runs at BikePark Wales. Recommended for those who ride off road every two to four weeks
Expert – For riders who can confidently ride red runs and who occasionally tackle black runs at BikePark Wales. We recommend this is for riders who ride off road regularly, at least weekly.