Bike Shop Assistant
< Back to all careers
We are looking for an energetic, responsible, and organised individual to join our team as our Bike Shop Assistant.
We are proud to have an amazing shop which stocks the best brands in the business, your role is to keep it looking pristine and well stocked. You will be expected to actively engage with our customers, to understand their needs, share your product knowledge, assist in customer purchases and support our Manager in maximising shop revenue.
You will have a passion for and great understanding of what a quality visitor experience is and will consistently deliver our customer service vision. Reliability and adaptability are vital for this role, as are excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills. You will support and encourage strong team working across all departments.
Oh, before we forget we should answer the question everyone asks, yes you get free uplift to ride the park with the rest of BPW crew!
Duties and Responsibilities to include:
- Daily retail services, such as, stocking shelves, processing orders through the till and shop presentation
- Be an approachable source of information, be it bikes or related goods, including understanding the needs of our customers so we recommend the right products.
- Assist in all aspects of running the online shop
- Delivering exceptional service to all our visitors, face to face and through other methods of communication
- Daily reporting of stock levels and required orders
- Keeping up to date with all the latest and greatest MTB products to assist our customers and their needs,
- Assisting the Manager in monitoring trends in sales and popular items
- Assist on site presentation to include the shop, both internal and external, workshop and back of house.
- Responsible for keeping the shop area stocked, clean, tidy and presentable at all times.
- A keen interest in MTB and BikePark Wales
- Understanding of Mountain Biking equipment and brands,
- Good work ethic, honesty and reliability
- Friendly and engaging personality, comfortable with working with members of the public
Desirable but not essential skills:
- Previous Bike Retail experience
- Experience of cash handling
- Previous experience using Electronic Point of Sale Systems
- Ability to communicate in the Welsh language
- Cytech or equivalent bike mechanic qualification
- Enhanced DBS certificate
- First Aid Qualifications
- Riding at the park on trails created by one of the most talented trail crew in the UK.
- Bike shop discount as well as industry discount
- Free entries into select race events
- Free tea and locally roasted barista coffee
- Staff discount at our café for a banging lunch or breakfast
- Company pension scheme
- Our customers are predominantly bike enthusiasts who love the latest and greatest mountain bike equipment so no panier racks or commuters’ bikes in sight. Nice!
If you wish to apply for this role, please e-mail a CV and cover letter detailing why you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: The details contained in this Job Description summarise the main expectations of the role at the date it was prepared. The nature of individual roles will evolve and change as the service develops and grows. Consequently, BikePark Wales will review and revise this Job Description as required in consultation with post holders.
BikePark Wales welcomes enquiries and applications from everyone and values diversity in the workplace. A commitment to promoting diversity and developing a workplace environment where all staff are treated with dignity and respect is central to our recruitment process.
BikePark Wales is responsible for deciding how it holds and uses personal information about you and complies with all data protection law and principles. Any personal information that you provide to us during the recruitment process will be stored on a computer to assist with the administration of the recruitment process.
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the role;
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable;
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process;
- Keep records related to our hiring processes; and
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract of employment with you but we will not store your personal information for any longer than is necessary.