Beginner trails: What to expect
Green BikePark trails are a great introduction to gravity bike park mountain biking, aimed at relative beginners but still require previous experience of riding a bike off-road competently. The trails are generally of uniform surface and reasonably wide, though it is an unbound surface and can be loose. Sections may contain, off-camber surfaces and obstacles such as small rocks, gravel, roots, bridges and small pot holes. The gradient on green trails will not be excessively steep up or down so can be tackled by most physically fit people, young and old.
- Green grade Bike Park trails are suitable for: Beginners or novice mountain bikers with some basic off-road experience and competency.
- Bike required: Most off-road, well maintained mountain bikes are suitable.
- Trail and surface types: Trails are undulating with a wide trail tread and surfaced with crushed stone. Surfaces may be loose, uneven or muddy at times with small potholes, though green trails are generally relatively smooth. Includes flowing singletrack-style sections.
- Gradients and technical trail features: Gentle trails with moderate climbs and descents. Easy trail features such as berms and rollers.
- Suggested Skill level: A Basic skill level is required, should be capable of riding and controlling a bike safely off-road including on cambered and loose surfaces.