We are recruiting - Workshop Mechanic
Have you got what we're looking for?
BikePark Wales is looking for a Workshop Mechanic to join our super team. If you love mountain bikes and the community that surrounds them, have a passion for riding bikes and want to work right on the trail head then this could be a great opportunity for you. With the UK’s best selection of trails, an amazing shop stocking the best brands in the industry and a great team of colleagues BikePark Wales is the ideal place to work for anyone who lives and breathes mountain biking. In addition to all this we have some very exciting development plans for our workshop and hire fleet in 2018 and this is your opportunity to get involved.
We are looking for an individual with experience in delivering high standards of customer service in a bike workshop and hire service, and to carry out all tasks necessary to ensure the service is delivered in a professional manner. The applicant will hold a minimum qualification of Cytech Level 2 and have experience of working as a bike mechanic. This will be an exciting and varied role including work in the visitor centre.
The position will be full time, 37.5 hours per week, spread across five days, including weekend work, and will be based at BikePark Wales. The Workshop Mechanic will report to Workshop Manager and the main responsibilities will include;
- Daily workshop services as directed by the Workshop Manager.
- Maintain high quality and quantity of work, service standards, and behaviour.
- Carry out daily running of the workshop and bike hire customer front.
- Repair and service of customer bikes in addition to our own hire fleet, as well as preparation for sale of ex-hire bikes.
- Responsible for workshop and adjacent external areas tidiness.
- Work to a job record system, meeting agreed deadlines.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make a purchase of services, including discussing the merits of different products.
- Maintain suitable stock levels and placement of orders with suppliers.
- Maintain a suitable level of industry knowledge and developments.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
- Cover shop sales and customer service as required.
A full job description is available on request. All applicants should e-mail a CV to [email protected]
This position will be vacant until filled, so don't wait around to send in your application!