We are recruiting - Workshop Assistant
We're searching for a trainee mechanic!
Have you got what we're looking for?
As well as looking for a qualified workshop mechanic to join our super team we are searching for a trainee mechanic. If you love mountain bikes and the community that surrounds them, have a passion for riding bikes and want to work right on the trail head then this could be a great opportunity for you. With the UK’s best selection of trails, an amazing shop stocking the best brands in the industry and a great team of colleagues BikePark Wales is the ideal place to work for anyone who lives and breathes mountain biking
We are looking for someone who has the right attitude and a willingness to learn, although previous workshop experience is not an absolute must it is highly preferable. We will train the right candidate and put them through their Cytec level 2 qualification as well as teaching them the operations of the workshop and hire operations at BikePark Wales.
(Daniel Curtis Photography)
The position will be full time, 40 hours per week, spread across five days, including weekend work, and will be based at BikePark Wales. The Workshop assistant will report to Workshop Manager and the main responsibilities will include;
- Daily workshop services as directed by the Workshop Manager.
- Maintain high quality and quantity of work, service standards, and behavior.
- Assist with daily running of the workshop and bike hire customer front.
- Under guidance from qualified mechanics repair and service of customer bikes in addition to our own hire fleet, as well as preparation for sale of ex-hire bikes.
- Responsible for workshop and adjacent external areas tidiness.
- Work to a job record system, meeting agreed deadlines.
- Act as an approachable source of information for customers wishing to make a purchase of services, including discussing the merits of different products.
- Build and maintain a suitable level of industry knowledge and developments.
- Attend and contribute to monthly team meetings.
- Cover shop sales and customer service as required.
A full job description is available on request. All applicants should e-mail a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will be vacant until filled, so don't wait around to send in your application!